What is Custom Range Price Filter in Magento ?
Custom Range Price Filter in Magento allow customers to set their own preferred price ranges when filtering products. It provides a personalized shopping experience, increasing customer satisfaction and conversion rates. This feature enhances flexibility and usability for customers who have specific budget considerations.
Benefits of Custom Range Price Filter:
- Personalized Shopping: Custom range price filters allow customers to set their own price ranges, providing a personalized shopping experience.
- Higher Conversions: Improved user experience leads to higher conversion rates, as customers find it easier to locate products within their desired price range.
- Repeat Customers: Satisfied customers are more likely to become repeat buyers, leading to increased customer retention.
- Positive Brand Image: Offering custom range price filters enhances customer satisfaction, improving your store’s reputation and brand image.
- Competitive Edge: Providing this feature sets your online store apart from competitors, attracting more customers.
- Increased Customer Loyalty: Customers appreciate the flexibility and responsiveness of custom price ranges, fostering loyalty.
- Reduced Abandonment Rates: Customers are less likely to abandon their shopping carts due to frustration with limited price filter options.
- Enhanced Customer Engagement: Custom range price filters encourage customers to interact more with your store, increasing engagement levels.
- Improved Sales: By helping customers find products that match their budget, you increase the likelihood of successful sales.
How to Configure the Price Filter – Price Navigation in Magento 2 ?
Follow these steps to configure the price filter in Magento 2:
Step 1: Log in to your Magento 2 Admin Panel:
Enter your login credentials to access the Magento 2 Admin Panel.
Step 2: Navigate to the Price Navigation Configuration:
From the Admin Panel, go to Stores > Settings > Configuration.
Step 3: Select Catalog in the Configuration:
Under the General section on the left-hand side, click on Catalog.
Step 4: Expand the Layered Navigation Settings:
Scroll down to find the Layered Navigation section and expand it.
Step 5: Configure the Price Navigation:
a) Price Navigation Steps Calculation: Choose one of the following options to determine how the price ranges are calculated:
- Automatic (equalize price ranges): Automatically divides the price range into equal steps.
- Manual: Allows you to specify the price ranges manually.
b) Price Navigation Step Calculation Manual: If you chose the “Manual” option, enter the specific price ranges separated by commas.
For example, “10, 20, 30, 50” will create price ranges from $0 to $10, $11 to $20, $21 to $30, and $31 to $50, respectively.
c) Adjust Price Navigation Maximum Value: Set the maximum value for the price filter. This value represents the highest price point for the price range. The minimum value is always zero.
Step 6: Save Configuration Changes:
Click on the “Save Config” button at the top right corner to save the changes made to the Price Navigation settings.
Step 7: Reindex and Clear Cache (if required):
After making configuration changes, it’s a good practice to reindex the data and clear the cache to ensure the changes take effect immediately.
Step 8: Test the Price Filter:
Visit the frontend of your Magento 2 store and navigate to a category with products. You should now see the Price Filter – Price Navigation available in the layered navigation on the left-hand side. Customers can use it to filter products based on their preferred price range.
Configuring the Price Filter – Price Navigation in Magento 2 is to enhance the shopping experience for your customers. By allowing them to filter products based on their budget, you improve usability and increase the likelihood of conversions. Make sure to regularly review and update the price ranges to accommodate changes in your product offerings and customer preferences.